Tuesday, September 30, 2008

the road to Spokane

So we finally made it to the pacific time zone. We made it through numerous beautiful national parks, and along many scenic country roads through South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana (and bits of Idaho and Washington now). Unfortunately my camera decided to stay in Wyoming (Yellowstone) while we were backcountry camping, so no pictures of said beautiful parks (Yellowstone, Badlands, Glacier) will be available unless I can get my camera back.

I was looking for a way to make a switch from my all-picture posting, I just didn't expect it to be so abrupt. I am looking into maybe making a series of quick digital paintings recollecting the landscapes from my mind's eye. It might be more meaningful and interesting that way anyways, rather than an endless stream of pictures. I will be setting up a slideshow to run on the side of the blog to show all pictures to date, and pictures to come after we purchase a replacement camera in the next day or so. That way you can see pictures without being inundated with them on the main page. Also, we can focus more on the content of the trip.

However we continue onward and are on the way to Seattle tomorrow. Today is the first in a few days with a shower and a real bed, so that will be enjoyable. More to come after we get some rest and some lovely Seattle coffee.

No comments: