Sunday, October 5, 2008

Portland, OR

So we made it down to Portland in a drive that was nearly all congestion from Vancouver and through Seattle, making a 5 1/2 hour drive 9 hours. But we are here now and eating our way through Portland with the rest of the Anthony family. My brother is running the marathon tomorrow morning, so I will be up bright and early for that. I've been enjoying the scenery and fresh food, and awesome coffee.

We'll be staying through Wednesday, and hopefully I can get the chance to tour some deign places here. I stopped in a at a cool store called Canoe today (https://www.canoeonline.net/salutations/), which had an awesomely curated selection of design goods, but we talked briefly about design here in Portland. Seattle was more open and successful than I had expected and was pretty easy to talk o a number of Design groups. I can only hope the rest of the trip down the coast will be as easy and open, and hopefully I will be able to find some steady employment despite the crazy news lately.

Dinner first night in...well deserved wine and Chicken served over a beet salad
Posted by Picasa

No comments: